It has been reported that Sharon Klein has been named the new executive vice president of Casting at Walt Disney Television.
- Deadline has reported that Sharon Klein has signed a multi-year contract to become the executive vice president of Casting for Walt Disney Television, where she will lead the casting teams for series and pilots at ABC Entertainment, 20th Television, ABC Signature, 20th Television Animation, Walt Disney Television Alternative, Hulu Originals and Freeform.
- Klein was previously EVP of Casting for Disney Television Studios and FX Entertainment where she oversaw casting for series including:
- Moving forward, FX Entertainment casting will be done by Michael Katcher (EVP Casting) who previously reported to Klein.
Other Walt Disney Television News:
- Just last week, Lauren Kisilevsky, former vice president of original movies for Disney Channel, had been promoted to senior vice president, Original Movies, Disney Branded Television. She’ll be responsible for developing and overseeing production of a growing slate of movies for Disney Channel and Disney+
- In Feburary, Robert Mills was named executive vice president, Unscripted and Alternative Entertainment, Walt Disney Television. Mills will lead Walt Disney Television Alternative, a newly formed production unit for unscripted programming and oversee development and production for alternative programming, specials and late night for ABC Entertainment and Hulu Originals.