Anyone who has visited Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland Resort or Walt Disney World has likely met Dok-Ondar, the Ithorian proprietor of Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities, the unique merchandise shop within the highly themed land on both coasts.
And now fans of the character will have the opportunity to interact with him in a whole new way: via the VR experience Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy’s Edge, which launched last fall on the Oculus Quest platform and will continue with Part II later this year. This week Lucasfilm’s in-house interactive experience developer ILMxLAB revealed new concept art for Dok-Ondar’s appearance in Seezelslak’s Cantina on Batuu.
- Dok-Ondar, the Ithorian character who appears in audio-animatronic form at Disney Parks’ Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, will be appearing in Part II of the Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy’s Edge from ILMxLAB and Oculus.
- ILMxLAB has released new concept art showcasing Dok-Ondar as he will appear in the experience.
- Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy’s Edge Part II will launch later this year exclusively on Oculus Quest.
What they’re saying:
- Director Jose Perez III: “Dok-Ondar and his famous antiquities shop rests at the heart of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. At ILMxLAB we are having a blast exploring more of his story and building on the lore for one of Black Spire Outpost's most memorable characters. Being next to Dok-Ondar in virtual reality for the first time is truly a magical moment and we can’t wait for fans to experience it.”
- Walt Disney Imagineering Portfolio Creative Executive Scott Trowbridge: “Dok-Ondar is as legendary as the antiquities he has collected from across the galaxy. From the first time we heard about him in Solo: A Star Wars Story, we knew that there was something mysterious about this infamous Ithorian. And although we’ve been able to learn more about him in the comics or even visit him in person at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, I’m thrilled that fans can now further connect and step even deeper inside his hidden past in Part II of Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy’s Edge.”
- Ruth Bram, Executive Producer, Oculus Studios: “Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy’s Edge is expertly built for the Quest platform, with high fidelity graphics, nonstop action, and engaging narratives all running smoothly at 72fps. We can't wait for our VR audience to continue their adventure on Batuu later this year."
All images courtesy of ILMxLAB.