Everyone loves Disney+ including Downtown Disney! This week the shopping and entertainment district put up new Disney+ themed photo ops and art celebrating four Disney+ originals and Cruella.
(Please note this article contains affiliate links. Your purchase will support LaughingPlace by providing us a small commission, but will not affect your pricing or user experience. Thank you.)
- Several new photo opportunities and art celebrating Disney+ originals and Disney movies is now on display at the Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort.
- Earlier today, the Disney Parks Blog shared pictures of the displays and a summary of each of the shows or films now streaming and coming soon to Disney+.
- Among the franchises featured are:
- In addition to the Disney+ displays, the Raya and the Last Dragon art installation designed by Imagineer Xiao Qing Chen will remain at Downtown Disney District through May in celebration of Asian Pacific American Heritage Month.
Disney+ Photo Opportunities and Art:
Mighty Ducks: Game Changers
- Set in present day Minnesota, the Mighty Ducks have evolved from scrappy underdogs to an ultra-competitive, powerhouse youth hockey team.
- After 12-year-old Evan Morrow (Brady Noon) is unceremoniously cut from the Ducks, he and his mom, Alex (Lauren Graham), set out to build their own team of misfits to challenge the cutthroat, win-at-all-costs culture of youth sports today.
- With the help of Gordon Bombay (Emilio Estevez), they rediscover the joys of playing just for love of the game.
- Watch The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers on Disney+.
- After getting ousted from the NCAA, a men’s basketball coach is given a chance for redemption with a coaching position at an elite private high school. He soon learns that the teenage players require empathy and vulnerability — foreign concepts for the stoic Coach Korn (John Stamos).
- By learning how to connect with his players, Marvyn starts to grow into the person he’s always hoped to be. The girls learn to take themselves more seriously, finding their footing both on and off the court.
- Watch Big Shot on Disney+.
The Bad Batch:
- The series follows the elite and experimental clones of the Bad Batch as they find their way in a rapidly changing galaxy in the immediate aftermath of the Clone War.
- Members of Bad Batch—a unique squad of clones who vary genetically from their brothers in the Clone Army—each possess a singular exceptional skill that makes them extraordinarily effective soldiers and a formidable crew.
- Watch Star Wars: The Bad Batch on Disney+.
High School Musical: The Musical: The Series:
- In season two of High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, East High, who are preparing to perform Beauty and the Beast as their spring musical, face off against rival school North High to win a prestigious and cutthroat student theater competition.
- Wigs are snatched, loyalties are tested, and ballads are belted.
- Watch High School Musical: The Musical: The Series on Disney+.
- Emma Stone stars in Disney’s Cruella, an all-new live-action feature film about the rebellious early days of one of cinemas most notorious – and notoriously fashionable – villains, the legendary Cruella de Vil.
- The film will release simultaneously in theaters and on Disney+ with Premier Access for a one time additional fee ($29.99) on Friday, May 28th.
- Watch Cruella on Disney+.
- Beyond the unique photo opportunities, guests visiting Downtown Disney will be able to purchase official Disney+ merchandise at World of Disney.
- Of course shopDisney will also carry many of the Disney+ items too so fans nationwide can celebrate their favorite shows and movies.
- The Disney+ photo opportunities and art will change throughout the year and we can’t wait to see what’s next.