In just a few days, runDisney fans will have the chance to register for the 2021 Wine & Dine Half Marathon weekend coming to Walt Disney World this November. In anticipation of this year’s events, the runDisney Blog teased fans with a look at the characters and logos for the various races.
- Anyone who’s participated in a runDisney event knows how exciting it is that in-person races are returning to Walt Disney World this fall!
- From November 4-7, 2021, the Most Magical Place on Earth will host the Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend, their first in-person event since the Princess Half Marathon Weekend in February 2020.
- As previously announced, registration for the event will open to the general public on July 13th at 10am ET. Registration is currently open for Platinum and Gold Club runDisney Members.
2021 Event Characters and Themes:
- Every runDisney race features a theme and this year’s Wine & Dine events are inspired by dastardly Disney Villains!
- On the runDisney Blog, Disney shared more information about each theme along with pictures that will likely be the featured race shirt designs:
- Disney Wine & Dine 5K | The Evil Queen from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
- Disney Wine & Dine 10K | Oogie Boogie and Jack Skellington from Nightmare Before Christmas
- Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon | Yzma from Emperor’s New Groove
- Two Course Challenge | Ursula from The Little Mermaid
- Registration cost will increase closer to the race. To take advantage of Tier 1 pricing, and get in before the events sell out, fans are encouraged to register early.
- Disney Wine & Dine 5K – $95
- Disney Wine & Dine 10K – $135
- Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon – $215
- Disney Two Course Challenge (10K and Half Marathon) – $360
- Guests who might not be able to attend this year’s events in person can register to participate in the Wine & Dine Virtual Events.
- Registration for these races will open on July 16th at 10am ET:
- Virtual – Disney Wine & Dine 5K – $79
- Virtual – Disney Wine & Dine 10K – $99
- Virtual – Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon – $118
- Virtual – Disney Two Course Challenge (10K and Half Marathon) – $252
- Virtual racers will receive themed race shirts and finisher medals.
Should I runDisney?:
- We say yes! We love combining exercise and personal challenges with Disney magic, and what better way to do it than with runDisney?
- But if you’re still not sold, Bekah interviewed a first-time half marathoner (her sister) about the experience and whether or not she’d participate again.