Antonia Banderas has reportedly been added to the cast of the long-awaited fifth Indiana Jones film, according to Deadline.
- The Academy Award-nominated Banderas has closed a deal to join Harrison Ford in the upcoming Indiana Jones 5.
- He i also joining a star-studded cast that already includes:
- Phoebe Waller-Bridge
- Mads Mikkelsen
- Boyd Holbrook
- Shaunette Renée Wilson
- The casting marks another big franchise for Banderas, who has already starred in several od DreamWorks’ Shrek films, The Mask of Zorro and just recently wrapped production on Sony’s Uncharted film, which also stars Tom Holland and Mark Wahlberg.
- Banderas recently received his first Oscar nomination for his role in Pain and Glory.
- No details have been shared at this time regarding what role he will play in Indiana Jones 5.
About Indiana Jones 5:
- James Mangold (Logan, Ford v Ferrari) is directing the latest entry in the franchise, taking over for Steven Spielberg on the project early last year.
- Kathleen Kennedy, Frank Marshall and Simon Emanuel join Spielberg as producers on the film.
- Jez Butterworth, John-Henry Butterworth and Mangold co-wrote the script.
- The project was first announced back in 2016, originally expected to hit theaters in 2019. At the time, it was being written by David Koepp, who wrote the screenplay for Jurassic Park and the previous Indiana Jones film, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
- Film composer John Williams who has composed the musical scores for all four previous Indiana Jones feature films was also announced to return to the Indiana Jones franchise.
- Production on Indiana Jones 5 is underway and the film is scheduled to be released into theaters on July 29, 2022.