Disney Parks Blog has announced the return of many entertainment offerings across the Walt Disney World Resort, just in time to celebrate the resort’s 50th anniversary in October, including fireworks returning to Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Disney Parks Blog has shared reopening dates for various entertainment offerings at the Walt Disney World Resort including Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor, Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage, Turtle Talk with Crush, and more.
- Over at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, the nighttime show “Wonderful World of Animation” will return on August 1, bringing projections and fireworks back with a show that transforms the park’s Chinese Theater through a journey of more than 90 years of Disney animation.
- Along with the announcement came closing dates for “EPCOT Forever” (September 28) and “Happily Ever After” (September 29) as the parks get ready for the new shows “Harmonious” and “Disney Enchantment” on October 1.
Entertainment Return Dates at Walt Disney World:
Walt Disney World’s 50th Anniversary:
- All four parks will be decked out with special celebratory decorations, including new lighting packages on the four park icons. These “Beacons of Magic” will transform the icons every night.
- Over at Magic Kingdom, a new fireworks show, “Disney Enchantment,” will light up the sky while “Harmonious” takes place as EPCOT.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom will get into the celebration with the new show “Disney KiteTails.”
- 50 golden character sculptures will debut at all four theme parks, along with “Mickey’s Celebration Cavalcade” at Magic Kingdom.
- Walt Disney World Resort announced new nametags coming for Cast Members to celebrate the 50th anniversary including those who were honored with the Walt Disney Legacy Award.
“The World’s Most Magical Celebration,” starts on October 1, 2021 at the Walt Disney World Resort and will continue to be celebrated for 18 months.