- Variety has reported that Michaela Coel will join the cast of Marvel’s Black Panther: Wakanda Forever as production begins in Atlanta.
- Coel will join Danai Gurira who will reportedly be reprising her role as Okoye in the upcoming sequel which is written and directed by Ryan Coogler.
- In February, we learned director Ryan Coogler would also return to create a Wakanda-based series for Disney+.
About Black Panther: Wakanda Forever:
- “Marvel Studios’ Black Panther: Wakanda Forever will continue to explore the incomparable world of Wakanda and all of the rich and varied characters introduced in the first film.”
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is set to hit theaters on July 8, 2022.
More from The Walt Disney Company: