Walt Disney World Resort has shared the first look at some of the merchandise collections coming to the resort in celebration of the 50th anniversary which begins on October 1, 2021 and continues on for 18 months.
- Walt Disney World Resort has shared the first look at various merchandise collections coming in celebration of the resort’s 50th anniversary.
- The merchandise collections will debut throughout October and November from celebration-themed items, to a product line inspired by Cinderella Castle.
- Guests can also find retro-themed items and others inspired by the EARidescent decor.
- A limited-time merchandise collection will be released on August 12, for those who are visiting before the official start.
- All of the collections will be found at the four Walt Disney World theme parks and Disney Springs. Select items will also be available at Disney Resort hotels and shopDisney.
- While checking out the new merchandise, you’ll see new displays created for the 50th as shown above coming to locations across Walt Disney World including World of Disney at Disney Springs.
What They’re Saying:
- Marianne Sharpe, VP of Merchandise at Walt Disney World Resort: “The merchandise creative celebrates the legacy of the past 50 years with a nod to the next 50. It includes authentic replicas of product, modern fashion trend collections, artist collaborations, and even matching attire for the entire family. The 50th merchandise is truly for the Disney fan in us all.”
Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary Merchandise Collections
Limited-Time Merchandise – Starting Aug. 12
- A special pre-celebration line of products will be available beginning Aug. 12. This must-have collection features limited-time items, perfect for guests who visit Walt Disney World Resort before the official 50th-anniversary festivities begin.
Celebration Collection – Early Oct. 2021
- The Celebration Collection will include a wide-ranging assortment of commemorative merchandise for the whole family. Perfect for mixing and matching, the collection will feature accessories by Dooney and Bourke, festive headwear, coordinating mommy-and-me ensembles, fashionable t-shirts and collectable 50th anniversary character plush.
Disney Castle Collection – Early Oct. 2021
- Drawing inspiration from the iconic Cinderella Castle in Magic Kingdom Park, the Disney Castle Collection will feature everything from collectibles – like ornaments and charms – to castle-inspired attire and a light-up, 50th anniversary-edition Minnie Mouse ear headband. Items in the collection are inspired by the castle’s royal, EARidescent makeover created just for the celebration.
Vault Collection Coming – Early Oct. 2021
- Disney fans and those who love all things vintage will be eager to unlock the Vault Collection, paying tribute to 50 years of Walt Disney World magic with an assortment of retro-themed designs right out of the Walt Disney Archives. The collection includes classic opening day favorites such as the original Walt Disney World Mickey Mouse ear hat design, throwback T-shirt styles and nostalgic accessories. Additional Vault Collection items will be released throughout the 18-month long celebration.
EARidescent Collection – Late Oct. 2021
- In line with celebratory EARidescent décor coming to Walt Disney World during the 50th anniversary celebration, the EARidescent Collection will feature a shimmering array of themed fashions and accessories.
Luxe Logo Collection – Nov. 2021
- On the horizon is the Luxe Logo Collection that will make its debut in November. As the name implies, this collection will offer a range of upscale pieces for the Disney collector. Details will be revealed closer to its release date in November.
Walt Disney World’s 50th Anniversary:
- All four parks will be decked out with special celebratory decorations, including new lighting packages on the four park icons. These “Beacons of Magic” will transform the icons every night.
- Over at Magic Kingdom, a new fireworks show, “Disney Enchantment,” will light up the sky while “Harmonious” takes place as EPCOT.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom will get into the celebration with the new show “Disney KiteTails.”
- 50 golden character sculptures will debut at all four theme parks, along with “Mickey’s Celebration Cavalcade” at Magic Kingdom.
- Walt Disney World Resort announced new nametags coming for Cast Members to celebrate the 50th anniversary including those who were honored with the Walt Disney Legacy Award.
“The World’s Most Magical Celebration,” starts on October 1, 2021 at the Walt Disney World Resort and will continue to be celebrated for 18 months.