Sailing on a Disney Cruise is an incredible experience for the whole family, especially when everyone can enjoy offerings designed just for them! Disney’s newest ship the Disney Wish will be home to three exclusive spaces designed for teens and tweens and the Disney Parks Blog has the full scoop on these on-board destination.s
- The Disney Parks Blog has shared a sneak peek and some more information about the clubs and hangout spaces for teens and tweens on the Disney Wish.
- The fifth ship to join the Disney Cruise Line fleet, will sail its maiden voyage in June 2022. While the ship will be home to magical escapes for the whole family, it will also feature exclusive spaces designed for adults, teens, and kids.
- Among the offerings for older kids (ages 11 to 17) are trendy hangouts and counselor-led programming created just for them. The Disney Wish will be home to:
- The Hideaway
- Each hangout will feature its own unique style, entertainment, and complimentary refreshment station.
- Edge was designed with tweens ages 11 to 14 in mind. Here, youth guests will have fun, make friends and play games in a bright, colorful hangout inspired by a chic New York City loft.
- The club features cozy furnishings, comfortable spaces for solo gaming and movie watching, an indoor solarium area with a sunny overhead skylight effect,and a soda bar.
- Throughout Edge, graphic art displays known as “photo walls” will provide ample opportunities for tweens to capture cool, vacation pics.
- At Vibe, teens ages 14 to 17 can watch movies, play games and participate in entertaining activities created just for them.
- The club features a beautiful design aesthetic inspired by a Parisian artists’ loft and includes regal French columns and paneled walls covered with whimsical pop art murals and colorful graffiti, to create a perfectly stylish space.
- But that’s not all, the décor will feature an electric retro twist, with vibrant neon signs and funky pop art throughout, accentuated by a larger-than-life, brightly painted Mickey Mouse statue.
- For the first time on a Disney ship, the Disney Wish will feature a third retreat for tweens and teens: The Hideaway.
- This hip new hangout will offer older kids and young adults another place to relax, sip a smoothie, listen to music and more in a posh setting complete with a dance floor and DJ booth – perfect for karaoke contests and dance competitions.
- The Hideaway features a vibrant color palette, retro-inspired design details, a stylized “Hiya, pal” mural and disco ball lights.
- The Hideaway is adjacent to Vibe, and can be opened to the teen club, closed off for tween activities and even reserved especially for guests ages 18 to 20.
Events and Activities:
- Tweens and teens are in for a whole “llama” fun during customized, counselor-led programming designed to engage their unique interests.
- Guests aboard the Disney Wish can participate in a hilarious new competition themed to the fan-favorite film, The Emperor’s New Groove.
- Activities will even extend into other areas of the ship, with special events for tweens and teens hosted in Hero Zone, Luna and more.