The Disney Cruise Line’s unique offerings designed especially for youth guests just got better. Next summer the Disney Wish will debut incredible new experiences for kids and teens including the first ever on-ship Star Wars: Cargo Bay and an exclusive hangout space, The Hideaway.
- Disney Cruise Line has revealed more details about the exciting offerings coming to the Disney Wish designed exclusively for kids, teens, and young adults.
- Setting sail in summer 2022, the Disney Wish—Disney Cruise Line’s fifth ship—will provide younger guests the chance to enjoy newly reimagined experiences and entertainment designed with them in mind. Among the new offerings are:
- Star Wars: Cargo Bay
- Mickey and Minnie Captain’s Deck
- The Hideaway
What They’re Saying:
- Jim Urry, vice president, entertainment and port adventures, Disney Cruise Line: “With even more spaces, stories and characters than ever before, the stage is set for a line-up of truly remarkable new experiences for children aboard the Disney Wish. We’re combining renowned Disney entertainment, expertly developed programming and imaginative storytelling to put kids in the center of their own adventures right alongside some of Disney’s most beloved characters, like Mickey Mouse, Chewbacca, Black Panther, Rapunzel, Belle, Anna and Elsa, and more.”
Disney’s Oceaneer Club
Children ages 3 to 12 will step into their favorite Disney worlds at Disney’s Oceaneer Club. Among the new experiences available to visitors are Star Wars: Cargo Bay and Mickey and Minnie Captain’s Deck
Star Wars: Cargo Bay
- Star Wars: Cargo Bay gives guests a chance to encounter some of the most interesting creatures in the galaxy!
- “Star Wars: Creature Challenge” is a new immersive experience that will place kids in the important role of creature handlers. They’ll learn to manage a mischievous and exotic beings from across the galaxy including:
- A Porg
- And more
- Throughout the cruise, they’ll use augmented reality-enabled datapads to track and study the creatures on a series of special assignments. But that’s not all! Guests will actually be joining an important mission to deliver Rey and Chewbacca back to the Resistance.
A Celebration of Exploration at Mickey and Minnie Captain’s Deck
- Mickey and Minnie Captain’s Deck is a nautical playground inspired by the colors, icons and magic of Disney Cruise Line.
- This new space features maritime-themed physical and sensory-style games and activities, such as pipe slides and crawl-throughs, ship’s wheels, “busy boxes” fashioned as ship controls and cushy life preserver seating areas.
- Here kids will experience a fun-filled adventure and enjoy quality play time with Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse themselves.
- At select times throughout the voyage, the space will be open to little ones’ families for group play, and the toddlers from It’s a Small World Nursery will also get dedicated access to the club to explore, learn and play with Mickey and Minnie.
- Additionally, “Minnie’s Captain Academy,” provides a high-energy training session for kids to exercise their bodies and their minds with a series of challenges tied to STEAM principles.
- Captain Minnie will inspect their progress and officially declare them honorary captains!
More Oceaneer Club Fun:
- Along with Star Wars: Cargo Bay and Mickey and Minnie Captain’s Deck, previously announced spaces include:
- Marvel Super Hero Academy, a high-tech facility for training the next generation of heroes
- Fairytale Hall, a royal trio of activity rooms inspired by Rapunzel, Belle and “Frozen” friends
- Walt Disney Imagineering Lab, a unique opportunity for kids to discover the secrets of world-renowned Disney Imagineers
Disney Cruise Line for Tweens and Teens
Older kids will chill and play in their own way aboard the Disney Wish at trendy hangouts including Edge, Vibe and new to Disney Cruise Line, The Hideaway.
- The Hideaway is a hip new hangout that offers older kids and young adults a chill place to relax, listen to music and more in a posh setting.
- The space features a dance floor and DJ booth and will be adorned in a vibrant color palette, retro-inspired design details, a stylized “Hiya, pal” mural and disco ball lights.
- As for beverage offerings, thirsty guests can enhance their relaxing experience with complementary delicious smoothies.
- The Hideaway is adjacent to Vibe, and can be opened to the teen club, closed off for tween activities and even reserved especially for guests ages 18 to 20.
Edge and Vibe:
- At Edge, tweens ages 11 to 14 will have fun, make friends and play games in a bright, colorful hangout inspired by a chic New York City loft.
- Teens ages 14 to 17 will have their own dedicated club at Vibe, a stylish space inspired by a Parisian artists’ loft with classic architectural elements, vibrant neon signs and funky pop art.
- Just likeThe Hideaway, these venues will include complimentary refreshments: Edge will have a soda bar, Vibe will serve soda and coffee drinks.
Events and Activities:
- Tweens and teens are in for a whole “llama” fun during customized, counselor-led programming designed to engage their unique interests.
- Guests aboard the Disney Wish can participate in a hilarious new competition themed to the fan-favorite film, The Emperor’s New Groove.
- Activities will even extend into other areas of the ship, with special events for tweens and teens hosted in Hero Zone, Luna and more.