- According to Deadline, Natasha Liu Bordizzo (The Society) has been cast as a lead opposite Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka in Star Wars: Ahsoka, the upcoming spinoff to The Mandalorian.
- Bordizzo will be playing Sabine Wren, one of the main members of the Star Wars Rebels team, who up until now has only been seen in animated form.
- Sabine Wren, who was voiced on Rebels by Tiya Sircar, is a young Mandalorian warrior and graffiti artist, Imperial Academy dropout and a former bounty hunter with expert knowledge of weapons and explosives.
- This spin-off show written by Dave Filoni and executive produced by Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau, will continue Ahsoka’s story.
- Ahsoka, which is eying a March 2022 production start date, according to a ProductionWeekly listing, also is expected to feature an appearance by Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker who will reunite with his Jedi Padawan, Ahsoka, potentially in flashbacks as the series is set five years after Return of the Jedi.
More Star Wars News:
- Hello there! As a special surprise for Disney+ Day, the popular Disney-owned streaming service has released a one-minute-long behind-the-scenes preview of Lucasfilm’s highly anticipated upcoming live-action series Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi.
- A very happy Life Day to everyone! The Star Wars holiday is upon us and the Disney Parks are celebrating with special merchandise available in Disney’s Hollywood Studios and at Disneyland.
- Walt Disney World gave a special Life Day look at the upcoming Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser and what Guests can expect when they step aboard. Here’s what we learned.