Can you believe that Toy Story Land at Hong Kong Disneyland is 10 years old? Cast members at Hong Kong Disneyland are celebrating the anniversary of the park’s first-ever themed land expansion.
- Toy Story Land first opened at Hong Kong Disneyland on November 17, 2011. Since then, Toy Story themed lands have also been added to Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Shanghai Disneyland.
- The first Toy Story Land, known as Toy Story Playland, opened at Walt Disney Studios Paris on August 17, 2010.
- Specially designed pavement artwork to mark the anniversary was created by the park’s Custodial team at the land’s entrance.
- Many of the cast members at Hong Kong’s Toy Story Land have been in the area since opening day, bringing the playfulness to life each day.
- The video below will introduce you to four of these opening day “toy helpers,” each sharing their memories and some of the fun cast traditions that have emerged over the first ten years. The video also features greetings and congratulatory messages from cast at other Toy Story Lands’ across the globe.
More International Disney Park News:
- The official Hong Kong Disneyland website gave us a closer look at the multi million dollar, pure gold Castle of Magical Dreams statue collectible made by CHOW TAI FOOK.
- As part of the Year of Magical Surprises at the Shanghai Disney Resort, a new addition to the park has opened up on Mickey Ave, the CookieAnn Bakery Cafe.
- Disneyland Paris has announced that Mickey and the Magician will return to Walt Disney Studios Park in 2022 during the Resort’s 30th Anniversary Celebration.