Lin-Manuel Miranda and John Leguizamo (both involved in Disney’s Encanto) are set to appear on Good Morning America tomorrow, and yes, they will be talking about Bruno.
- ABC’s landmark morning show, Good Morning America, is getting ready to talk about Bruno, with special guests Lin-Manuel Miranda and John Leguizamo set to appear tomorrow (1/20/22) morning.
- This is, of course, a reference to the 60th full length animated feature from Walt Disney Animation Studios, Encanto, currently available for viewing to all subscribers of Disney+.
- Lin-Manuel Miranda (Hamilton, Moana) wrote the songs for the hit film, who’s soundtrack has recently hit #1 on the Billboard Top 200 chart. The most popular song of which, “We Don’t Talk About Bruno,” is rapidly climbing as a single and has also surpassed over 100 million views on the DisneyMusicVEVO YouTube channel.
- In the film, Bruno (voiced by John Leguizamo) is one member of a gifted family, most members of which possess a magical ability. In the case of Bruno, he can see the future and has visions of things to come. Because of this, most of the family and surrounding town see him as a jinx, causing harm to everyone around him. When his niece Mirabel finds herself in one of his visions, she asks the family about him (as he has been missing since her youth) and is treated to arguably the most popular moment in the film, a musical number about the family and town who “Don’t Talk About Bruno” because of his gift.
- You can also find a video of the hit song, “We Don’t Talk About Bruno,” as performed in over 20 different languages by checking out our article here.
- Encanto tells the tale of the Madrigals, an extraordinary family living in a magical house in the mountains of Colombia. But when Mirabel, the only ordinary Madrigal, discovers the magic surrounding their home is in danger, she may be her family’s last hope.
- You can watch Encanto now on Disney+, or get ready for the digital and physical releases to own on February 8th.