During a digital press conference this morning, Disneyland Paris revealed that drone technology will be used for a new preshow called Disney Illuminations: Disney D-Light.
- As part of Disneyland Paris’ 30th anniversary celebration, a new preshow will join the popular Disney Illuminations nighttime spectacular.
- Disney D-Light will feature projections on Sleeping Beauty Castle, illuminated water jets, and lighting effects but will also employ 200 drones that will recreate the 30th anniversary logo in the sky.
- The preshow also includes music — a take on the 30th anniversary theme “Un monde qui s’illumine” — recorded at Abbey Road Studios in London.
- While a drone show previously appeared at Disney Springs in 2016, this will be the first time such technology has been used on a nightly basis in a Disney Park — or as Disneyland Paris stated even more specifically in its press release, “It will be the first time a Disney Park uses the drone technology as part of a daily outdoor show above its Castle.”
- The drones were designed with the assistance of Bordeaux-based Dronisos.
- Disneyland Paris’ 30th anniversary celebration kicks off on March 6th, 2022.
More Disneyland Paris News:
- Also announced during the event, Stella McCartney has designed a new pantsuit look for Minnie Mouse, which she’ll don at Walt Disney Studios Park this March in celebration of Women’s History Month.
- Parc Disneyland has offered a new look at the Gardens of Wonder displays that will be part of the 30th celebration.
- Ahead of the opening of Avengers Campus at Walt Disney Studios Park this summer, the park has released a new promo image of the land.
Laughing Place recommends MouseFanTravel.com for all your Disney travel planning