- Disney already had the March 10th date on hold for an “untitled event movie.”
- Justin Simien directs Tiffany Haddish, Owen Wilson, Rosario Dawson, Danny DeVito and LaKeith Stanfield in the feature take on the famed Disney theme park ride. Katie Dippold wrote the screenplay.
- While the story remains vague at this point, it has been reported that we will follow a family that moves into the mansion, with the characters around them that will really be the stars of the show.
- Fans may recall that Walt Disney Pictures has already made a film based on the theme park attraction back in 2003. Starring Eddie Murphy as Jim Evers, the film followed a realtor who was summoned to the Mansion under the guise of selling the house, invited to stay overnight while the ghost owner of the home attempted to show that Evers’ wife was the reincarnation of his own love interest, Elizabeth. The film was met with harsh criticism and poor box office results, especially when compared to the success of Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl which was released earlier that year. Reports make it clear that this new film is in no way connected to the previous 2003 version.
More Disney Movie News:
- Disney+ has released the lyric video for “Nobody Like U,” an original song from Pixar’s upcoming film, Turning Red. In addition, we also have a brand new poster for the film.
- Hulu has acquired U.S. rights to Fireheart, Anton’s ambitious animated family feature directed by Laurent Zeitoun (Leap!) and Theodore Ty (Kung Fu Panda) with a voice cast headlined by Olivia Cooke, William Shatner, Laurie Holden and Kenneth Branagh.
- 20th Century Studios has tapped James Mangold to direct a film based on the life of American cinema icon Buster Keaton.