Disney+ has released a first look image of its upcoming all-new live action Pinocchio, which will premiere exclusively on the streaming service this September.
- Academy Award winner Robert Zemeckis directs this live action retelling of the beloved tale of a wooden puppet who embarks on a thrilling adventure to become a real boy.
- Tom Hanks stars as Geppetto, the wood-carver who builds and treats Pinocchio (Benjamin Evan Ainsworth) as if he were his own son.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt is Jiminy Cricket, who serves as Pinocchio’s guide as well as his "conscience"; Academy Award nominee Cynthia Erivo is the Blue Fairy; Keegan-Michael Key is "Honest" John; Academy Award nominee Lorraine Bracco is Sofia the Seagull, a new character, and Luke Evans is The Coachman.
- Robert Zemeckis, Derek Hogue, Andrew Miano, Chris Weitz and Paul Weitz are the film’s producers, with Jackie Levine, Jack Rapke, Alexandra Derbyshire and Jeremy Johns the executive producers.
More Disney+ News:
- During this morning’s Disney Shareholders meeting, the first trailer for the highly anticipated Obi-Wan Kenobi series coming to Disney+ was revealed.
- Marvel Studios has quite a few shows in various stages of development for Disney+, ranging from She-Hulk to Secret Invasion and another season of Loki. However, thanks to a look at street closures in the Hollywood area for movie and TV premieres, we know that the next show to come following Moon Knight is likely to be Ms. Marvel.
- Olivia Rodrigo’s upcoming film Driving Home 2 U (A Sour Film), will have a previously unreleased song to the end credits.
Sign up for Disney+ or the Disney Streaming Bundle (Disney+, ESPN+, and ad-supported Hulu) now