While “A Celebration of Festival of the Lion King” has been back at Disney’s Animal Kingdom since May 15th, 2021, one element missing has been the popular tumble monkeys. Today, Disney announced that the beloved element will be returning to the show this summer.
- The return of the tumble monkeys to “A Celebration of Festival of the Lion King” was announced today through the official Disney Parks TikTok:
- Inspired by The Lion King, the show features songs from the film in addition to live singers, dancers, and acrobats to bring the story to life.
- Perhaps with the return of the tumble monkeys and things getting somewhat back to normal, the show may drop the “A Celebration of” moniker and return to just being called Festival of the Lion King this summer. However, that's just speculation on our part.
- If you’re unaware of what the tumble monkeys are, then check out this behind-the-scenes video from 2015:
- To see the full current show with the modifications, check out our video from last year:
More Walt Disney World News:
- Walt Disney World has debuted a new Annual Passholder magnet that comes with an interesting twist, a special augmented reality filter that brings the magnet to life.
- For all you fans of AristoCrepes at Disney Springs, we have some sad news for you. The crepe stand located near Rainforest Cafe is no more, now rebranded as Swirls on the Water, the Springs’ new home for Dole Whip.
- Disney Springs has no shortage of great places to eat, and now it looks like it has one more. Local Green Orlando, a new food truck has debuted at Disney Springs.