More Turning Red:
- Check out Alex’s review of Turning Red, a film that proves the Pete Docter era of Pixar is as unpredictable as the studio’s formative years.
- As our resident animation buff, Tony shares all the Easter Eggs he spotted while watching Turning Red.
- Mike was able to attend the first night of Turning Red’s week-long run at the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood, one of the few places where the film is being shown outside of Disney+.
About Turning Red:
- Disney and Pixar’s Turning Red introduces Mei Lee (voice of Rosalie Chiang), a confident, dorky 13-year-old torn between staying her mother’s dutiful daughter and the chaos of adolescence. Her protective, if not slightly overbearing mother, Ming (voice of Sandra Oh), is never far from her daughter—an unfortunate reality for the teenager. And as if changes to her interests, relationships and body weren’t enough, whenever she gets too excited (which is practically ALWAYS), she “poofs” into a giant red panda!
- Directed by Academy Award winner Domee Shi (Pixar short Bao) and produced by Lindsey Collins, Turning Red is now available to stream exclusively on Disney+.