According to WESH 2, more than 100 people were arrested in a prostitution, human trafficking and child predator sting in Polk County, including at least three Disney cast members and an employee of Fun Spot.
- Sheriff Grady Judd said the 108 people arrested include a retired judge from Illinois, a few restaurant managers, a man who works at Fun Spot and several who work at Walt Disney World.
- One of the suspects is 27-year-old Xavier Jackson from Kissimmee, who was a lifeguard at Disney’s Polynesian Resort.
- Judd said he's accused of sending sexual pictures to what he thought was a 14-year-old girl.
- Along with Jackson, the Sheriff says 24-year-old Wilakson Fidele works at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café in Tomorrowland at the Magic Kingdom and 45-year-old Ralph Leese is employed by the company in their I.T. department.
- A Disney representative told WESH 2 News, all three of them have been placed on unpaid leave.
- Check out the WESH 2 website for a video report offering more details on the suspects.
More Walt Disney World News:
- Ashley Eckstein, the voice of Ahsoka Tano in Star Wars: The Clone Wars and founder of Her Universe, will be making an appearance at Disney Springs in Walt Disney World this week in celebration of Women’s History Month.
- Walt Disney World has announced another change to its ever-evolving health and safety policies. Face coverings are now optional aboard the Disney Skyliner for those guests who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Disney has announced that the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show will not be returning to Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort after the show abruptly halted in March 2020 due to the closure of the resort for the COVID-19 pandemic. The closure comes as the resort has announced a planned expansion of its Disney Vacation Club villas.