According to Deadline, British actress Talisa Garcia has been cast in Disney+’s Willow sequel series. This historic casting marks the first known occasion an openly trans actor has been cast in a Lucasfilm production.
- In the TV spinoff of the 1980s cult classic, which is now in post-production, a princess assembles a party to join her on a quest to rescue her twin brother.
- Deadline reports that Garcia will play a Queen and the mother to Tony Revolori’s character who takes part in the quest.
- Garcia’s role is a small speaking part and the actress may ultimately only appear in one episode.
- The casting also marks the first known time a trans actor has portrayed a cis character in a Disney+ film or series.
- Chilean-born British actress Garcia is best known for starring in the BBC crime-thriller series Baptiste.
- Back in November 2021 for Disney+ Day, Willow star Warwick Davis introduced audiences to the young cast of the sequel series with a humorous video.
- The original Willow film is available to stream on Disney+.
More Disney+ News:
- Actor Tahj Mowry, known as the titular Smart Guy in the late 90s comedy of the same name, will star in the upcoming Disney+ Muppet series, The Muppets Mayhem.
- After releasing the first trailer just a couple of weeks ago, Marvel shared a new look at the upcoming Disney+ Original Series Ms. Marvel.
- The Quest is a groundbreaking, immersive competition series that drops eight real-life teenagers into the fictional world of Everealm, where they must save the kingdom by fulfilling an ancient prophecy. If you’ve wanted more, Disney+ has shared that The Quest will be streaming soon.