According to the latest Anaheim City Council agenda, the city is looking at possibly placing a 2% admissions tax on attendees of entertainment and sporting events.
- The Anaheim City Council is considering asking voters about adding an entertainment tax.
- The potential 2% admission tax would apply to the Disneyland Resort, as well as sporting events at Angel Stadium.
- The Angels have a provision in their lease agreement that they will receive a rent rebate for any entertainment tax collected.
- The resolution is set to be discussed at the next council meeting on Tuesday, July 19th. If approved by the council, the matter will be sent to Anaheim voters in November.
More Disneyland Resort News:
- Though it feels like we’ve said this sentence numerous times before, the Main Street Electrical Parade is set to close this summer after its appearance to celebrate its 50th anniversary winding through Disneyland, along with the Disneyland Forever nighttime spectacular, both ending their run on September 1st.
- Celebrate DOLE Whip Day from July 21st-24th with special offerings at Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Aulani and more.
- A new feature that will help Disney Parks guests find where they parked their car will first launch at Walt Disney World this summer and will be available at the Disneyland Resort later this year.