- Hulu has optioned The Alphabetical Diaries, in which Heti took a decade’s worth of diary entries and rearranged the sentences in alphabetical order, to develop as a series.
- After cutting “thousands of sentences” the exercise took on something more like a novel, she explained in the introduction to a series of New York Times columns that presented an abridged form of the work.
- The book is slated to be published in 2023 by FSG in the United States, Fitzcarraldo Editions in the U.K. and Knopf Canada.
- Production company Hunting Laneis behind the project. The company’s Jamie Patricof and Katie McNeill are producing.
- Heti has authored 10 books, including Pure Colour, How Should a Person Be? and Motherhood.
More Hulu News:
- Hulu has shared a new featurette for their upcoming original film Prey, a prequel to the nightmarish Predator film franchise.
- 20th Century Studios is developing a reboot of the 1980s classic Working Girl, with Selena Gomez in final negotiations to produce.
- Hulu has greenlit an eight-episode limited series based on the stranger-than-fiction story of Ukrainian-born Natalia Grace and her U.S. adoptive parents, who claimed that she was an adult “sociopath” pretending to be a child.