Cristo Fernández (Ted Lasso) and Harvey Guillén (What We Do In The Shadows) have joined the cast of the upcoming Disney+ film adaptation of Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.
- Separate reports from Deadline have confirmed that Cristo Fernández and Harvey Guillén have joined the cast of Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.
- Fernández will bring to life the character Chavo, a cook who meets the Garcias while the family is on a road trip. He bonds with Frank (Jesse Garcia), a fellow chef. Production is underway in New Mexico.
- Guillén will portray the character of Claudio, a healer who helps the young titular hero take steps in the right direction.
- Newcomer Thom Nemer will portray the titular character, Alexander.
- Eva Longoria and Jessie Garcia will play Alexander’s parents Val and Frank, while Paulina Chávez plays his 16-year-old sister Mia and Rose Portillo plays his grandmother Lidia. Cheech Marin will also appear as the family’s grandfather.
- From writer Matt Lopez and director Marvin Lemus, Alexander tells the story of 11-year-old Alexander Garcia who thinks he has the worst luck in the world. When his family sets off on a road trip to California, he’s pretty sure disaster awaits at every corner. His anxiety only increases when a family secret is revealed.
- The film is produced by Shawn Levy, Dan Levine, and Lisa Henson. Marisol Roncali and Chelsea Ellis Bloch serve as casting directors.