Disney’s Animal Kingdom has welcomed Penny, a yellow-backed duiker calf who will soon call the Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail home.
- Disney’s Dr. Mark Penning shared an Instagram post welcoming Penny, the newest addition to Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- This sweet yellow-backed duiker calf was born earlier this month to mom Pearl. The birth of Penny is an incredible milestone, as the last yellow-backed duiker calf born in Disney’s care was over 20 years ago.
- Disney has worked with the Association of Zoos and Aquariums Species Survival Plan to introduce this unique species to guests.
- Mom and baby are backstage now, but you can look out for this adorable pair on Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail later this summer.
More Walt Disney World News:
- A new sand sculpture inspired by The Little Mermaid and sponsored by Pandora has popped up at Disney Springs.
- A new report from The Wrap has detailed some of Disney’s ideas to potentially save the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser before the decision was ultimately made to shutter the boutique hotel.
- Get ready to celebrate Pride Month at Disneyland and Walt Disney World with an all-new Foodie Guide.
Laughing Place recommends MouseFanTravel.com for all your Walt Disney World travel planning