While we are in the midst of summer, we thought we would share a list of experiences at Walt Disney World and the Disneyland Resort that will be leaving us soon. So, if you haven’t checked out these experiences or want to try them one more time before they become fond memories of the past, here’s a list of what’s wrapping up at the Disney Parks.
Walt Disney World
- Mickey and Minnie’s Surprise Celebration will end on September 30, meaning that guests will no longer be able to meet Mickey and Minnie together in the special celebratory outfits
- In addition, the seldom-seen Disney characters that have been at the flagpole in Town Square will return to being seldom-seen.
- On August 18, Star-Lord, Gamora, and the rest of the band will return to the cosmos following the last performance of Guardians of the Galaxy – Awesome Mix Live!
- IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth will end its nearly 20-year run on September 30, before being replaced by the limited time Epcot Forever show
- In addition, Epcot will be seeing the following closures on September 8 as part of the park’s ongoing “reimagining”:
- Fountain View (the park’s Starbucks location) – The popular coffee spot will relocate to a temporary location in late fall.
- Club Cool – The soft drink-serving venue will reopen in a new capacity at a future merchandise location.
- Pin Central – The premiere Epcot destination will relocate to a temporary location during refurbishment before moving to the Camera Center.
- Camera Center – The camera merchandise location will become a new home for Pin Central.
- Heritage Manor Gifts – The American Adventure gift shop will become the new home for Art of Disney, which will also be closing in September.
- Innoventions East including Colortopia
- Character Spot and Character Spot North
- The Fountain of Nations
- The Super Shindig dance party with Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl, and Frozone will end September 30, though Edna Mode will continue to greet guests in Municiberg
Disney’s Animal Kingdom:
- The Hakuna Matata Dance Party will not be lasting for the rest of your days as it concludes September 30, 2019
- While it has yet to begin, The Main Street Electrical Parade will only be returning to the park for a limited time. Check out the illuminating classic from August 2 through September 30
- Pop Up Disney! A Mickey Celebration will end at Downtown Disney after Labor Day.
FanBoy is a Disney dweeb who has worked at Disneyland and Walt Disney World