- Meet Legala “Doogie” Kamealoha” in the first trailer for the Disney+ Original Series, Doogie Kamealoha, M.D.
- This modern-day reimagining follows a 16-year-old prodigy in Hawai'i trying to balance being a doctor and a teenager at the same time.
- In addition to debuting the trailer, Disney has also released a list of guest stars and directors for the first season.
- While Neil Patrick Harris is not guest starring in the introductory series, the producers talked about him during the TCA Summer Press Tour and he is interested in appearing on the show if greenlit for a second season.
- New episodes of Doogie Kamealoha, M.D. will debut on Wednesdays on Disney+ starting September 8th.
Doogie Kamealoha, M.D. Guest Stars:
- Randall Park
- Max Greenfield
- Margaret Cho
- Al Harrington
- Amy Hill
- David S. Jung
- Jae Suh Park
- Ty Simpkins
- Kylie Cantrall
- Jake Shimabukuro
Doogie Kamealoha, M.D. Recurring Cast:
- Peyton Elizabeth Lee (Andi Mack) as Lahela “Doogie” Kamealoha
- Kathleen Rose Perkins (Big Shot) as Dr. Clara Hannon
- Jason Scott Lee (Mulan) as Benny Kamealoha
- Matthew Sato (Hawaii Five-O) as Kai Kamealoha
- Wes Tian as Brian Patrick Kamealoha
- Emma Meisel (American Horror Story) as Steph
- Mapuana Makia (Finding 'Ohana) as Noelani
- Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman (UnREAL) as Charles
- Alex Aiono (Finding 'Ohana) as Walter
- Ronny Chieng (Crazy Rich Asians) as Dr. Lee.
Doogie Kamealoha, M.D. Directors:
- Gina Rodriguez (Jane The Virgin)
- Randall Park (Fresh Off The Boat)
- Jake Kasdan
- Jesse Bochco
- Erin O’Malley
About Doogie Kamealoha, M.D.:
Set in modern-day Hawai‘i, "Doogie Kamealoha, M.D." – a coming-of-age dramedy inspired by the hit medical series “Doogie Howser, M.D.” – follows Lahela “Doogie” Kamealoha, a 16-year-old prodigy juggling a budding medical career and life as a teenager. With the support of her caring and comical 'ohana (family) and friends, Lahela is determined to make the most of her teenage years and forge her own path. Guiding Lahela (and also complicating things) is her career-driven mother Dr. Clara Hannon who’s also her supervisor at the hospital, her doting father Benny who helps keep her connected to what matters most, her free-spirited older brother Kai, her gregarious younger brother Brian Patrick, her best friend Steph, her surfer crush Walter and her fellow hospital colleagues, Dr. Lee, Charles and Noelani.