D23 and Disney Cruise Line have joined forces to create a new live show titled “Disney at Sea with D23.”
- The new show is a 30-minute news show that highlights what’s new and what’s next from Disney parks, movies, television, music and beyond.
- “Disney at Sea with D23” debuted on the Disney Wonder last week.
- The first show included a look at the Captain Marvel trailer, information on how Disney is celebrating Mickey Mouse’s 90th around the world, and a look at the latest concept art for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, Disneyland’s Tropical Hideaway, and Tokyo DisneySea’s upcoming expansion.
- Guests also learned about all the ways Disney is planning to celebrate the anniversaries of Hocus Pocus and Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas.
- “Disney at Sea with D23” will soon be rolled out to every ship in the Disney Cruise Line Fleet, with plans for the show to be held on every cruise.
- The new show will be updated every month with new content so guests can get the scoop on all things Disney.
What they’re saying:
- Michael Vargo, head of D23 – “Our friends at Disney Cruise Line reached out and asked us to develop a show that would take guests on a journey through all the incredible entertainment and experiences coming from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, and Lucasfilm. It’s thrilling to share all of the exciting news—and our love for Disney—with our guests on the high seas.”
ICYMI – More Disney Cruise Line news:
- Disney is awaiting a decision from the Bahamian government on whether on not Disney can purchase Eleuthera or Lighthouse Point, a small island in the Bahamas located east of Nassau and south of Disney-owned Castaway Cay.
- Disney announced the 2020 Disney Cruise Line itineraries including trips to Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Bahamas and more.
- Disney Cruise Line enacted new Final Payment and Cancellation Policies for guests, with due dates depending on the length of each sailing.
- Two of Disney Cruise Lines three new ships will be calling Port Canaveral home.