The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort has announced a partnership with the U.S. Army to help provide veterans with job opportunities.
- The partnership is a part of the U.S. Army Partnership for Youth Success (PaYS) program, which guarantees soldiers job interviews and possible employment after their service in the Army.
- The Swan and Dolphin Resort employs more than 2,000 cast members.
- This partnership makes the resort the first Marriott hotel to join the PaYS program and one of the first in Central Florida.
- The resort hosted a signing ceremony for the new partnership today, featuring a full color guard presentation, remarks from Army and hotel leadership and concluded with a future soldier swear-in.
- Pictured above, Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort General Manager Fred Sawyers and U.S. Army Lieutenant Colonel Justin Overbaugh celebrate the signing of the new partnership.
- The PaYS program is designed to help soldiers prepare for a career after the Army by connecting them with employers who understand the skills, discipline and work ethic that military service members bring to a business.
- The program is a strategic partnership between the Army and a cross section of private industry, academia and state and local public institutes and provides America’s youth with the unique opportunity to simultaneously serve their country and prepare for their future.
- Since PaYS began in 2000, more than 805 employers have partnered with the program.
ICYMI – More Walt Disney World news:
- The Disney Parks Blog has shared an inside look at Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy just ahead of this week’s opening at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Walt Disney World has announced new dates added to the Disney After Hours event series
- Walt Disney World has announced some new rule changes including limitations on strollers, smoking and bringing ice into the parks.
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach water parks have added some tasty new menu items for guests to enjoy.
- Disney and the NBA have announced that the NBA Experience at Disney Springs will open August 12, 2019.