Kumail Nanjiani is reportedly in talks to join the cast of Marvel Studios’ currently-rumored film, The Eternals, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
- An Academy Award nominee, Nanjiani is known for his roles in The Big Sick and the HBO comedy series Silicon Valley.
- Now it appears he may be getting ready to join the Marvel Cinematic Universe as part of The Eternals, which is one of two films Marvel is prepping to shoot this year, along with Black Widow.
- Nanjiani joins Angelina Jolie, who was reportedly in talks to be joining the film last week.
- At the time, there was no news regarding what character Jolie might play but now The Hollywood Reporter is claiming she is understood to be playing Sersi, “a more outgoing Eternal who has not been afraid to move amongst humankind.”
- There is no word yet on what character Nanjiani might be playing.
- The film is currently in the pre-production stage with Chloe Zhao signed on to direct. Matthew and Ryan Firpo will write the screenplay.
- Disney has not provided any comment on the news.
- The Eternals is about “near-immortal beings” known as Eternals. They along with their foes the Deviants, were created by cosmic beings called Celestials.
- The Eternals made their comic debut in July 1976.
ICYMI – More Marvel news:
- The stars of the highly-anticipated Avengers: Endgame visited Disney California Adventure at Disneyland Resort to celebrate a $5 million donation to benefit children’s hospitals.
- The Walt Disney Company has announced that Captain Marvel has surpassed the $1 billion mark.
- Just a few weeks ahead of the highly-anticipated theatrical release of Marvel’s Avengers: Endgame and to prepare for the release, the Avengers themselves will be appearing on ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live! next week.
- Marvel Studios’ Black Widow film has reportedly added two members to its cast. David Harbour and Rachel Weisz are now set to appear in the upcoming solo film for longtime Avenger.