Former Game of Thrones star Richard Madden is reportedly in talks to join the cast of Marvel Studios’ currently-rumored film, The Eternals, according to Variety.
- Should he sign on, Madden will reportedly play the character Ikaris, an original member of the group of near-immortal beings known as the Eternals.
- Ikaris is the son of the Eternals known as Virako and Tulayn. His origin is based in the Greek mythology story of Icarus.
- Madden is best known for his portraying Robb Stark in HBO’s hit series Game of Thrones.
- He also earned a Golden Globe for his role on the Netflix series Bodyguard.
- Madden joins Kumail Nanjiani and Angelina Jolie who were in talks to join the film back in April.
- Jolie is understood to be playing Sersi, “a more outgoing Eternal who has not been afraid to move amongst humankind.”
- There has been no word on what character Nanjiani might be playing.
- Marvel declined to comment on the casting of Madden.
- The film is currently in the pre-production stage with Chloe Zhao signed on to direct. Matthew and Ryan Firpo will write the screenplay.
- The Eternals is about a human offshoot race known as the Eternals. They along with their foes the Deviants, were created by cosmic beings called Celestials.
- The Eternals made their comic debut in July 1976.
ICYMI – More Marvel news:
- Take a closer look at the villainous Mysterio after Sony released the latest trailer for Spider-Man: Far From Home.
- Disney recently brought Avengers: Endgame to troops in Afghanistan thanks to a tweet from an Air Force spouse.
- Marvel released a trailer for the upcoming sixth season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., including a look at the mysterious Sarge played by Clark Gregg.
- Hasbro recently revealed a second wave of characters and collectibles inspired by Avengers: Endgame. Plus, Funko has three new Pop! figures that are expected to debut in June and are currently available for pre-order.