Jason Ensler has reportedly signed a new overall deal expanding his role with 20th Century Fox TV. Among his responsibilities with the studio, Ensler will serve as directing executive producer on the new Disney+ series, Love, Simon.
- Deadline writes that Jason Ensler is expanding his role with 20th Century Fox TV.
- The director/producer has signed on overall deal with the studio that’s now part of Disney TV Studios.
- Ensler will serve directing EP for Fox TV on the new series Love, Simon coming to Disney+. The Love, Simon series will be a spinoff inspired by the 2018 film, which was based on the YA novel of the same name.
- In addition to Love, Simon, Ensler role will see him developing new shows for all platforms as well as directing the projects he develops and is assigned.
What they’re saying:
- Jonnie Davis, 20th Century Fox TV President of Creative Affairs: “We love Jason Ensler at this company. He’s not only an incredibly skilled director who is great with talent, but he possesses such a strong aesthetic, and his creative instincts are always spot on. Quite simply, he’s the full package and we consider ourselves lucky to be in business with him.”
- Jason Ensler: “I’m so grateful for the opportunities Dana, Craig, Jonnie, Howard, Terence and everyone at 20th have afforded me as a filmmaker in the last few years. Thrilled to continue my journey with them, creating new and exciting projects.”
Ensler’s credits include:
- Directing pilot re-shoots on sci-fi drama series The Passage for Fox, as well as serving as director and EP
- Executive producer and director The Exorcist series
- Directing credits on:
- The Newsroom
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- Lethal Weapon