For the first time ever, D23 Expo 2019 will host presentations and pavilions focusing on The Walt Disney Company’s direct to consumer streaming services. Guests in attendance will learn more about the original and new content coming to Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu.
- This year’s D23 Expo 2019 will feature presentations on Disney’s streaming services:
- Each service will showcase their variety of original and exclusive content through:
- Immersive show floor pavilions
- Live demos
- Never-before-seen content
- Special experiences
- Guests will be the first to experience Disney+ before it launches in the U.S. on November 12.
- They will also get to step into the world of ESPN+ Original shows and discover costumes and show props from Hulu’s original content and on-demand streaming library.
Streaming Services Pavilions
- Guests can check out the Disney+ Pavilion on the Expo show floor where they’ll:
- Enjoy demonstrations of the live Disney+ app
- See costumes and props from Disney+ Originals
- Have the opportunity to subscribe with a special exclusive offer for Expo attendees and D23 Members
- Guests will have the opportunity to see and connect with exciting original content available only on ESPN+.
- The pavilion will feature two interactive exhibits dedicated to new programs debuting this summer:
- Peyton’s Places
- Peyton’s Places:
- Peyton’s Places is a 30-episode documentary series hosted by Peyton Manning, exclusively on ESPN+.
- Produced by ESPN+ and NFL Films, the series offers a fun, insightful tour through 100 years of football, following the sport and the league’s rise to an American cultural touchstone.
- Peyton’s Places begins streaming on ESPN+ in late July.
- SneakerCenter is a series devoted to sneaker culture across sports, entertainment, and more.
- Told by the star athletes, artists, enthusiasts, and brands powering the global sneaker marketplace, each episode of SneakerCenter will be anchored by a unique narrative, supported by a rotating set of “mixtape-style” segments that take fans deep into every aspect of the sneaker movement.
- Check out Mack’s review of the upcoming series.
- The Hulu Pavilion will be home to more than 20 iconic costumes and artifacts including:
- The interactive exhibit will also feature show props from upcoming Hulu Originals and select other streaming shows including:
Beyond the Expo Show Floor
- In addition to the interactive pavilions guests can visit during the D23 Expo, Disney+ will make its debut appearance in Hall D23 and D23 Expo Arena venues.
- Fans can learn more and experience the new streaming service during a special presentation.
- Guests can also attend a special sneak peek of a new Disney+ Original series that’s coming soon.
Disney+ First Look Showcase — Friday, August 23, 3:30 pm, Hall D23:
- Fans won’t want to miss this exclusive preview of Disney+ and its exciting slate of original films and series.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (Lady and the Tramp, Elena of Avalor) hosts this presentation that features:
- Never-before-seen content
- Surprise guests
- Performances and reveals
- First looks at:
- Lady and the Tramp
- The Mandalorian
- High School Musical: The Musical: The Series
- And many more!
High School Musical: The Musical: The Series Sneak Peek Screening and Panel Friday, August 23, 5:30 pm, D23 Arena:
- Before the global phenomenon returns in a brand-new series on Disney+, Expo guests are invited to a special advance screening of the first episode and panel with the talented new cast on the arena stage.
Disney+ Pavilion Stage Programming
- Additionally, the Disney+ Pavilion Stage will host three full days of panels, highlighting the service’s diverse originals and its collection of beloved movies and shows, along with special ESPN+ panel programming.
Disney+ Pavilion Stage Schedule:
- Please note, the tentative schedule is as follows with times subject to change:
Friday, August 23:
- 10 am – ESPN+ Presents Peyton’s Places Special Screening and NFL 100th Anniversary Trivia
- 12 pm – Walt Disney Animation Studios Panel with Eric Goldberg and Mark Henn
- 12:30 pm – The World According to Jeff Goldblum Q&A with Jeff Goldblum
- 1:15 pm – Phineas and Ferb Conversation with Dan Povenmire and Jeff “Swampy” Marsh
Saturday, August 24:
- 10 am – ESPN+ Presents SneakerCenter Panel moderated by show director Bobbito Garcia
- 11 pm – ESPN+ Presents SneakerCenter Demonstration by Mr. Cartoon
- 12 pm – Stargirl Performance and Panel
- 1 pm – The Simpsons Trivia with Yeardley Smith
- 1:15 pm – Marvel’s Hero Project Panel with Sana Amanat, Sarah Amos and Stephen Wacker
- 2:30 pm – Forky Asks a Question and Lamp Life Creative Panel with Val LaPointe, Bob Peterson, Mark Nielsen, and Marc Sondheimer
- 3 pm – Secret Society of Second Born Royals Q&A with Peyton Elizabeth Lee and Skylar Astin
Sunday, August 25:
- 10:45 am – Prop Culture Movie Prop Showcase and Q&A with Dan Lanigan, Jason Henry, Tony Swatton, and Fon Davis
- 11:15 am – Be Our Chef Games with Angela Kinsey
- 12 pm – Monsters At Work Behind-the-Scenes Presentation with Bobs Gannaway and Ferrell Barron
- 12:45 pm – The Imagineering Story Conversation with Leslie Iwerks and Bob Weis
- 1:15 pm – Short Circuit Creative Panel
- 3:30 pm – Pixar’s SparkShorts Screening
- 5 pm – ESPN+ Hosted DJ Wrap
Don’t miss out!:
- Single-day tickets for Friday and Sunday of D23 Expo 2019 are available for $89 for one-day adult admission and $69 for children 3–9.
- Gold Members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club can purchase tickets for $79 for a one-day adult admission and $59 for children 3–9.
- Single-day Saturday tickets and three-day passes are sold out.
- For more information on tickets and D23 Expo 2019, visit D23Expo.com.