Gemma Chan, star of the hit comedy Crazy Rich Asians, is reportedly in talks to join the cast of Marvel’s recently announced film, The Eternals, according to Variety.
- Chan has already appeared in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, portraying Minn-Erva in Captain Marvel.
- While it’s possible she would return as the same character, there is some speculation she would be playing an entirely new character.
- Marvel has not yet commented on who she might be playing.
- If Chan does indeed sign on for the film, she would join a cast that includes Angelina Jolie, Richard Madden, Kumail Nanjiani, Lauren Ridloff, Brian Tyree Henry, Salma Hayek, Lia McHugh, and Don Lee.
- Chloe Zhao has also signed on to direct the film, which will be based on the comic series about a human offshoot race known as the Eternals. They along with their foes the Deviants, were created by cosmic beings called Celestials.
- The characters made their comic debut in July 1976.
- The Eternals will hit theaters November 6, 2020.
ICYMI – More Marvel news:
- ABC is reportedly in “active talks” to create a new Marvel series based on a female superhero.
- Marvel Television and Hulu have announced a crossover episode featuring Runaways and Cloak & Dagger. The casts of both shows will share the screen in a future episode, much to the delight of fans.
- A recent Twitter trend saw Marvel fans making their worst casting choices for future Marvel projects using the hashtag #terribleMCUcasting.
- Marvel, coming off of a major splash at San Diego Comic-Con 2019, recently announced their plans for the D23 Expo later this month.
- Speaking of San Diego Comic-Con 2019, Marvel announced their slate of films for phase 4 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Check out their full lineup, including Disney+ series and a few other surprises.