Marvel just announced a very exciting slate of movies, and it looks like we might be getting more on the small screen soon. ABC is reportedly in “active talks” to create a new Marvel series based on a female superhero, according to Deadline.
- According to the report, ABC Entertainment president Karey Burke said they are hoping to start on a project focused on a character that is “something brand new, mostly.”
- No further details have been revealed for the project at this time.
- This news comes on the heels of the recent announcement that Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will be ending its run after its upcoming seventh season.
- This new project would be separate from the female-led superhero series for which Marvel tapped Wonder Woman writer Allan Heinberg last year.
- No further details are currently known for that project as well.
- While a lot of female Marvel superheroes have already been used in films and television series, there are still plenty to choose from for a new series. The hint of “brand new, mostly” could point toward a She-Hulk or Ms. Marvel series, but there are too many choices to feel confident in either guess.
ICYMI – More Marvel news:
- Marvel Television and Hulu have announced a crossover episode featuring Runaways and Cloak & Dagger. The casts of both shows will share the screen in a future episode, much to the delight of fans.
- A recent Twitter trend saw Marvel fans making their worst casting choices for future Marvel projects using the hashtag #terribleMCUcasting.
- Marvel, coming off of a major splash at San Diego Comic-Con 2019, recently announced their plans for the D23 Expo later this month.
- Speaking of San Diego Comic-Con 2019, Marvel announced their slate of films for phase 4 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Check out their full lineup, including Disney+ series and a few other surprises.