Hulu has acquired exclusive streaming rights to all of Bleecker Street’s upcoming theatrical releases as well as additional select titles. The multi year deal was announced yesterday.
- Hulu and Bleecker Street have partnered on a new output deal granting Hulu exclusive Streaming Video On Demand (SVOD) rights to all upcoming Bleecker Street theatrical films.
- The deal was negotiated by Andrew Karpen, Kent Sanderson and Avy Eschenasy on behalf of Bleecker Street.
- The first film to hit the streaming service in Fall 2019 will be Hotel Mumbai.
- Recounting the harrowing story of survival from the staff and guests of the famous Taj Hotel, Hotel Mumbai follows the news-breaking terrorist attacks that occurred in Mumbai in 2008.
- The hit thriller stars Dev Patel and Armie Hammer.
- Hulu will also hold streaming rights to Bleecker Street’s:
- Teen Spirit, starring Elle Fanning
- The Art of Self-Defense, starring Jesse Eisenberg and Alessandro Nivola
- Inspirational true-story biopic Brian Banks, starring Aldis Hodge, Greg Kinnear, and Sherri Shepard
What they’re saying:
- Heather Moosnick, SVP Content Partnerships at Hulu: “Hulu is committed to bringing impactful, quality films to audiences everywhere. We’re excited to enter into this new partnership with Bleecker Street, whose commitment to excellence is recognized by moviegoers and the industry alike. We can’t wait to share the latest Bleecker releases with the Hulu audience.”
- Andrew Karpen, CEO of Bleecker Street: “As we continue to expand our slate of films, we are always searching for the best partners to reach the broadest audience. We know Hulu subscribers will find something distinct and enlightening about each of our titles.”
- Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home.
- Launched in 2008, Hulu is the only service that gives viewers instant access to:
- The service also streams live news, entertainment and sports from:
- 21st Century Fox
- The Walt Disney Company
- CBS Corporation
- The CW
- Turner Networks
- A+E Networks
- Discovery Networks
About Bleecker Street:
- Bleecker Street (bleeckerstreetmedia.com) is an independently financed U.S. film distribution company founded in 2014 by Andrew Karpen.
- The company’s recent releases include:
- Hotel Mumbai
- Leave No Trace
- Upcoming titles include:
- The Tomorrow Man
- The Art of Self-Defense
- Brian Banks