Theater nerds, musical fans, and Disney+ subscribers are getting excited as Disney counts down the days until the debut of Hamilton. Yesterday it was character posters, today it's an official clip of the show’s opening number.
- With just nine (!) days to go until the Disney+ premiere of Hamilton, Disney is giving fans a taste for the film version of the smash hit show.
- Audiences can catch just a bit of the musical’s opening number in an official new clip that introduces the main man himself, Alexander Hamilton:
- Hamilton will be available for streaming starting July 3, 2020.
- “Hamilton is the story of America then, told by America now. Featuring a score that blends hip-hop, jazz, R&B and Broadway, Hamilton has taken the story of American founding father Alexander Hamilton and created a revolutionary moment in theatre—a musical that has had a profound impact on culture, politics, and education.”
- Filmed at The Richard Rodgers Theatre on Broadway in June of 2016, the film transports its audience into the world of the Broadway show in a uniquely intimate way.
More Hamilton on Disney+:
- As if fans weren’t excited enough for the Disney+ premiere of the Hamilton film, Disney has revealed new character posters of the main cast in their signature poses atop the iconic star.
- Over the weekend, Disney shared a trailer for the film which revealed a PG-13 rating for “language and some suggestive material.”
- Taking to Twitter, Lin-Manuel Miranda has confirmed that two instances of strong language will be removed from the film to allow it to earn a PG-13 rating.