When Disneyland Resort announced the reopening of their parks last month, we heard that the Haunted Mansion will be opening with some “new magic.” Today, the Disney Parks Blog shared some ominous new details on the home improvements made to the ghostly retreat.
- Guests will notice some of the new changes before they even step foot inside the mansion. The site for the dearly departed pets will be adorned with some fresh landscaping and guests may even spot a few new residents.
- The happy haunts have also done some redecorating inside the mansion and guests will find some new design embellishments along the portrait hallway.
- That will include the return of one of the mansion’s original portraits known as “April to December, which will once again grace the hallway.
- You can get a look at some of these fun new details in the video below:
- And you can see some more details, like a one-eyed cat, on the Disney Parks TikTok:
- The cat calls back to original concepts for the attraction from former Disney Imagineer X. Atencio.
- Additionally, the LA Times spoke with Disney’s Michele Hobbs, who managed the Haunted Mansion refurbishment, about the call for changes to the hanging scene in the classic attraction.
- “It’s been discussed for sure,” Hobbs said. “It’s definitely something that we’re thinking about.”
More on Disneyland’s reopening:
- Ahead of the much-anticipated reopening of the parks of the Disneyland Resort to California Residents, Disney has shared important information on how to make Park Reservations so those in-state visitors who wish to visit the parks can do so with ease.
- The Disneyland Resort website has been updated to include lists of all the attractions, shops, and dining locations available when the parks reopen on April 30.
- With Disneyland and Disney California Adventure set to reopen on April 30, guests visiting the resort will be able to stay at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa beginning April 29. The Disney Parks Blog shared some information guests should know before they go.
- The Disneyland Resort has released the tiered ticket prices and blockout dates for when the theme parks reopen on Friday, April 30.
- When Disneyland reopens, Characters will still be featured in the park but how they meet with guests will be a little different. Luckily, our friends at Disneyland gave us a list of where all of our favorites will be.
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance was among the list of attractions that will be reopening, and we have more details about the operation of this hit attraction.