In working toward a more sustainable future, Disney has introduced plastic-free packaging for their line of classic dolls. The colorful boxes are easy to open and feature fun backdrops so they can be repurposed for playtime. The new packaging is available today on shopDisney and at select other locations.
- As Earth Day (April 22nd) approaches, the Disney Parks Blog has announced that they are introducing plastic-free packaging for their line of classic dolls.
- Guests can purchase the dolls on shopDisney.com, Walt Disney World Resort, and at Disney stores in North America, and soon at Disneyland Resort.
- The packaging is made of sustainably sourced paper that is 100% recyclable, and as shown in the video below, it’s easy to open, too!
- The new plastic-free packaging can be recycled curbside, or reused, providing young fans the opportunity to utilize the box as a prop at playtime or for storage any time!
More to Come:
- This plastic-free packaging will become available at global locations later this year. It’s also part of Disney’s broader commitment to environmental stewardship.
- Disney says they are always exploring new ways to lessen the environmental footprint and develop more innovative packaging and products that align with that goal.
More Earth Month Fun:
- Today, shopDisney introduced their first eco-friendly Earth Day Key, an item made from pine seeds and compostable paper that’s plantable! The Key is free with any purchase on shopDisney.com while supplies last.
- On Thursday, National Geographic’s Secret of the Whales documentary will premiere on Disney+. Check out Alex’s review of the series, the companion book, and recap of a special launch event with Sigourney Weaver and James Cameron.