- Deadline has reported that Hiroyuki Sanada and Cosmo Jarvis will join FX’s limited series Shōgun as two of the three leads.
- The series is based on the 1975 best-selling novel by James Clavell about the rise of Lord Toranaga from the eyes of an English sailor — John Blackthorne. The other lead is a female samurai, Lady Mariko, who has yet to be cast.
- Shōgun is expected to start production this summer.
More on Shōgun:
- FX is embarking on one of the most sweeping, sophisticated, and adult series FX has ever created—a retelling of James Clavell’s beloved epic saga, Shōgun, set within the riveting and real Game of Thrones that was feudal Japan. It is adapted by Justin Marks and Rachel Kondo. Tim Van Patten, the highly decorated, award-winning producer of The Sopranos and Boardwalk Empire, and the director of the pilot and early episodes of Game of Thrones, has signed on to bring this giant and visceral canvas to life.
- Shōgun is produced by FX Productions.
Other FX News:
- FX has put in a series order for a new animated show Little Demon starring Aubrey Plaza, Danny DeVito, and Lucy DeVito.
- FX has ordered two sessions of Welcome to Wrexham, a documentary series about the Welsh soccer club purchased by Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney.
- The next The New York Times Presents documentary will be coming to FX and FX on Hulu in June and it will be titled Who Gets to be an Influencer.