Christopher McDonald, the actor of Happy Gilmore fame, has reportedly been cast Marvel’s Secret Invasion for Disney+. I know what you’re thinking – ‘yeah, and Grizzly Adams had a beard.’ Well, Grizzly Adams DID have a beard and McDonald HAS been cast in the upcoming series, according to Deadline.
- McDonald would be the fifth addition to the Secret Invasion cast in just the past couple of months, joining:
- Of course, this group would also be joining Samuel L. Jackson and Ben Mendelsohn, who will be reprising their roles as Nick Fury and Talos, respectively.
- Details regarding McDonald’s role have not been shared but Deadline also reports that he could be crossing over into the larger MCU.
- McDonald is of course known for his role in the Adam Sandler-led comedy Happy Gilmore, but he is also currently appearing in the HBO Max comedy series Hacks.
About Secret Invasion:
- In Marvel Comics, “Secret Invasion” is a story in which Earth has been infiltrated by the shape-shifting race of aliens known as the Skrulls. Earth’s mightiest heroes have to assemble to take out this new threat, but they don’t know who they can trust as any one of them can be a Skrull.
- There is currently no timeline for Secret Invasion though it is likely the series will not debut until at least late 2022 or possibly 2023.