As June begins, we keep seeing more special offers and festivities to celebrate Pride Month, including a new Photo Op at the Disneyland Resort.
- President of the Disneyland Resort, Ken Potrock, shared on Instagram earlier today a new photo op celebrating Pride month with members of the Disneyland Resort PRIDE Business Employee Resource Group.
- The Photo Op, located in the Downtown Disney District near the former ESPN Zone location, not only celebrates Pride Month, but also the second season of the Hulu Original Series, Love, Victor.
- Potrock captioned his photo: “To kick off Pride Month, members of our Disneyland Resort PRIDE Business Employee Resource Group (BERG) gathered at Downtown Disney District to be the first to snap a photo with the new photo op celebrating the second season of the Hulu series, Love, Victor. Check it out!”
- Set in the world of the 2018 groundbreaking film Love, Simon (which was inspired by Becky Albertalli’s acclaimed novel, Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda), Season one of the series follows Victor, a new student at Creekwood High School on his own journey of self-discovery, facing challenges at home, adjusting to a new city and exploring his sexual orientation. When it all seems too much, he reaches out to Simon to help him navigate the ups and downs of high school.
- Season 2 picks up with a newly out-of-the-closet Victor (Michael Cimino) entering his junior year at Creekwood High. However, being out brings new challenges as Victor faces a family struggling with his revelation, a heartbroken ex-girlfriend in Mia (Rachel Naomi Hilson), and the difficulties of being an openly gay star athlete — all while navigating the excitement of his new relationship with Benji (George Sear).
- The new photo op at the Downtown Disney district is one of many offerings at Disney Parks to celebrate Pride Month. At Walt Disney World, new menu items at Joffrey’s, City Works, and Gideon’s Bakehouse can be found, and Disneyland Paris has released a new anthem that encourages fans to get up and dance along.
Laughing Place recommends MouseFanTravel.com for all your Disneyland Resort travel planning