The latest episode of What’s Up Disney+ is kicking off Pride Month with a conversation between LGBTQ+ Storytellers and a closer look at upcoming titles coming to Disney+, including Raya and the Last Dragon.
- The Latest Episode of What’s Up Disney+ has hit the YouTube airwaves and Jenny and Andre are celebrating Pride Month in style. Literally! They are wearing Pride Shirts that are available for purchase!
- The episode opens with Steven Hunter (Director, Pixar’s SparkShort, Out,) Ann Marie Pace (Director, Growing Fangs) and Moxie Peng (Director, The Little Prince(ss)) as they discuss what inspired their individual Short Films, and what it means to be a LGBTQ+ storyteller.
- While Out has been available on Disney+ for quite a while now, the other two shorts, Growing Fangs and The Little Prince(ss) are part of the new Disney+ series, Launchpad, which debuted on the streaming service on May 28th.
- Before Jenny Andre jump into the next segment, they remind viewers that Pixar Animation Studio’s Luca is only a short time away, set to debut on Disney+ on June 18th, as well as a reminder that Jungle Cruise will be available through Disney+ Premier Access on July 25th, and Marvel’s Loki debuting next week on June 9th with new episodes every Wednesday.
- Andre and Jenny sit down with several of the artists involved in the making of Raya and the Last Dragon to discuss the latest feature from Walt Disney Animation Studios.
- The group not only talks about how the characters were animated and the different processes therein, but they also discuss the role of authenticity of the cultures of Southeast Asia and the Southeast Asian Story Trust, an external trust made up of experts of the cultures of the region. They also talk about how they had to animate certain moments and movements to be culturally appropriate.
- They all discuss the themes of the film, like trust and opening yourself up to someone else's point of view, and a few more anecdotes from the production of the movie, which will be available to all Disney+ Subscribers on June 4th.
- Us Again, the Walt Disney Animation Studios Short Film that debuted alongside Raya and the Last Dragon in theaters will also be available June 4th to all subscribers.