Marvel Comics and several creators have been nominated for four 2021 Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards, recognizing the finest comic books distributed in the United States.
- The Eisner Award jury selects nominees in over two dozen categories, with winners being announced each year at a ceremony held during San Diego Comic-Con.
- The following Marvel creators were nominated in the following categories:
- Best Continuing Series: DAREDEVIL, by Chip Zdarsky and Marco Checchetto
- Best New Series: BLACK WIDOW, by Kelly Thompson and Elena Casagrande
- Best Penciller/Inker or Penciller/Inker Team: Marco Checchetto, DAREDEVIL
- Best Coloring: Marte Gracia, X OF SWORDS: CREATION, X OF SWORDS: DESTRUCTION, X OF SWORDS: STASIS
- Best Writer: Jonathan Hickman, GIANT-SIZE X-MEN, X-MEN
- Best Writer: Chip Zdarsky, DAREDEVIL, X-MEN/FANTASTIC FOUR
- Best Cover Artist: Peach Momoko, Marvel Variants
- Best Coloring: Dave Stewart, SPIDER-MAN #4-5
- Best Coloring: Matt Wilson, THOR
- Best Lettering: Clayton Cowles, MORBIUS, X OF SWORDS
ICYMI – More Marvel Comics news:
- Acclaimed writer Larry Hama will return to his run on Wolverine with X-MEN LEGENDS #7 this September. The story of Weapon X will continue as Hama will pick up where he left off with his iconic work from the 1990s.
- This September, the Marvel Universe will be left defenseless like never before in DEATH OF DOCTOR STRANGE.
- This September, Peach Momoko’s quarterly series continues with DEMON DAYS: CURSED WEB!
- Check out Mack’s review of the first issue of the new Avengers Campus tie-in story, “W.E.B. of Spider-Man #1.”
For more on this week’s comics, check out today’s episode of Marvel Time: