The Disney Books Instagram account shared a very special video with an exciting announcement. Daisy Duck has been revealed as the latest member of the "Disney Fab 50."
- Artist Fabiola Garza, cover artist for “A Portrait of Walt Disney World: 50 Years of the Most Magical Place on Earth,” revealed that Daisy Duck is the latest addition to the “Disney Fab 50.”
- The “Disney Fab 50 Character Collection” will be found all around the four theme parks with the Mickey and Minnie Mouse sculptures being dedicated to the Disney Cast Members of the past, present, and future.
- Laughing Place’s Cole Geryak recently published a list of characters he is predicting we might see at all four theme parks you can check out here.
A Portrait of Walt Disney World: 50 Years of The Most Magical Place on Earth
- This coffee table book shares a look at the Walt Disney World Resort through rare Disney theme park concept art and photographs spanning the resort’s 50-year history. The book is written by Kevin Kern, Tim O’Day, and Steven Vagnini.
- You can pick up the book on September 28th with pre-orders available here.
Disney Fab 50 Character Collection Reveals:
Walt Disney World’s 50th Anniversary:
- All four parks will be decked out with special celebratory decorations, including new lighting packages on the four park icons. These “Beacons of Magic” will transform the icons every night.
- Over at Magic Kingdom, a new fireworks show, “Disney Enchantment,” will light up the sky while “Harmonious” takes place as EPCOT.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom will get into the celebration with the new show “Disney KiteTails.”
- 50 golden character sculptures will debut at all four theme parks, along with “Mickey’s Celebration Cavalcade” at Magic Kingdom.
- Walt Disney World Resort announced new nametags coming for Cast Members to celebrate the 50th anniversary including those who were honored with the Walt Disney Legacy Award.
“The World’s Most Magical Celebration,” starts on October 1, 2021 at the Walt Disney World Resort and will continue to be celebrated for 18 months.