Work continues at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom as the resort prepares for the Most Magical Celebration in the World and the 50th anniversary of the most magical place on Earth. The most recent change is a little sprucing up for the Partners statue.
- Guests visiting the Magic Kingdom will find a sign next to the iconic Partners statue in front of Cinderella Castle, informing them that it is currently “receiving routine care in preparation for Walt Disney World’s 50th Anniversary.”
- While “Partners” may not look quite as nice and shiny right now as it typically does, we still think it looks great, especially in these photos.
- Of course, Cinderella Castle provides the perfect backdrop, especially with the recent addition of the new 50th anniversary golden crest, which makes the park icon even more photogenic than ever.
Walt Disney World’s 50th Anniversary:
- All four parks will be decked out with special celebratory decorations, including new lighting packages on the four park icons. These “Beacons of Magic” will transform the icons every night.
- Over at Magic Kingdom, a new fireworks show, “Disney Enchantment,” will light up the sky while “Harmonious” takes place as EPCOT.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom will get into the celebration with the new show “Disney KiteTails.”
- 50 golden character sculptures will debut at all four theme parks, along with “Mickey’s Celebration Cavalcade” at Magic Kingdom.
- Walt Disney World Resort announced new nametags coming for Cast Members to celebrate the 50th anniversary including those who were honored with the Walt Disney Legacy Award.
“The World’s Most Magical Celebration,” starts on October 1, 2021 at the Walt Disney World Resort and will continue to be celebrated for 18 months.