The Walt Disney World Resort has announced that Steakhouse 71 will be coming to Disney’s Contemporary Resort as a casual dining location, while also reconfirming a new dining experience is coming to California Grill.
- Disney has confirmed rumors that Steakhouse 71 will be coming to Disney’s Contemporary Resort, expected to replace The Wave… of American Flavors.
- In the same announcement, Disney reconfirmed that a new dining experience will be coming to California Grill to celebrate Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary.
- The Wave… of American Flavors & The Wave Lounge at Disney’s Contemporary Resort at Walt Disney World closed on July 16 as it undergoes refurbishment to get ready for the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort.
- Since the closure, Guests have been able to enjoy the breakfast menu from The Wave at California Grill through September 10.
Reimaging of Disney’s Contemporary Resort:
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort will have a new room design featuring a retro-modern aesthetic evoking Tomorrowland and Disney Pixar’s The Incredibles.
- As part of the work being done, the first-floor lobby has closed, with the front desk temporarily relocated to the second floor. Work is expected to be complete by late September on the lobby enhancements.
- Many of the Guest Services in the lobby will remain open including elevators, escalators, restrooms, and pathways to the convention center and bus transportation.