As we continue to get closer to the start of Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary celebration, a new ad was released, showcasing Mickey and friends in their new outfits and more.
- A new ad was released to celebrate Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary which begins on October 1, 2021.
- The ad showcases Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Chip, and Dale sporting their new EARidescent costumes for the 50th.
- The spot also shares a look at the new attraction opening on October 1 in the France pavilion at EPCOT — Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure. You can check our sneak peek of the attraction here.
- Back in May, Walt Disney World shared the first commercial for the celebration, giving Guests a look at EARidescent décor that will appear around the resort and the icons at each park as they transform to “Beacons of Magic.”
Walt Disney World’s 50th Anniversary:
- All four parks will be decked out with special celebratory decorations, including new lighting packages on the four park icons. These “Beacons of Magic” will transform the icons every night.
- Over at Magic Kingdom, a new fireworks show, “Disney Enchantment,” will light up the sky while “Harmonious” takes place as EPCOT.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom will get into the celebration with the new show “Disney KiteTails.”
- Golden character sculptures will debut at all four theme parks, along with “Mickey’s Celebration Cavalcade” at Magic Kingdom.
- Walt Disney World Resort announced new nametags coming for Cast Members to celebrate the 50th anniversary including those who were honored with the Walt Disney Legacy Award.
“The World’s Most Magical Celebration,” starts on October 1, 2021 at the Walt Disney World Resort and will continue to be celebrated for 18 months.