Disney KiteTails debuted at Disney’s Animal Kingdom on October 1 as part of the 50th anniversary celebration of the Walt Disney World Resort. Perhaps already the most infamous part of the show is the dive/flop that the giant kites take into the Discovery River Theater. Addressing this, Disney has added a message to the pre-show announcement.
- To address the sometimes comical landing of the character-themed kites in the water and in the closed seating area, Disney has added the following message to the pre-show announcement:
“As you all know, what goes up must come down. So you will see the magic in plain sight, both in the water and the designated landing zone in the adjacent seating area. If they take a tumble, don’t worry. That’s all part of the fun.”
- Check out our photos and videos from the opening weekend of Disney KiteTails, including a full video of The Lion King version of the show.
More Walt Disney World News:
- We have been following the demolition process of Primeval Whirl at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, and as of today, it seems like all traces of the former attraction are gone.
- Walt Disney Imagineering Creative Portfolio Executive Zach Riddley has shared a first look at the facade being installed at EPCOT’s upcoming new attraction, Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind.
- Located in the heart of the Most Magical Place on Earth, the Walt Disney World Swan Reserve provides an oasis within feet of Disney’s Hollywood Studios and EPCOT while feeling like you are in one of the most luxurious hotels on the planet.
Laughing Place recommends MouseFanTravel.com for all your Walt Disney World travel planning