The El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood, California has announced that Pixar’s upcoming film, Turning Red, will have a limited one-week engagement at the theatre, beginning Friday, March 11th.
- The El Capitan Theatre announced Turning Red’s limited engagement on their Twitter account today:
About Turning Red:
- Disney and Pixar’s Turning Red introduces Mei Lee (voice of Rosalie Chiang), a confident, dorky 13-year-old torn between staying her mother’s dutiful daughter and the chaos of adolescence. Her protective, if not slightly overbearing mother, Ming (voice of Sandra Oh), is never far from her daughter—an unfortunate reality for the teenager. And as if changes to her interests, relationships and body weren’t enough, whenever she gets too excited (which is practically ALWAYS), she “poofs” into a giant red panda!
- Directed by Academy Award winner Domee Shi (Pixar short Bao) and produced by Lindsey Collins, Turning Red releases on March 11th, 2022 on Disney+.
More Turning Red:
- Celebrating Lunar New Year, as well as the release of Pixar’s Turning Red, Rosalie Chiang, voice of Meilin Lee in the film, recently visited the Disneyland Resort to take in the festivities.
- The latest issue of Disney twenty-three is set to feature the star of Turning Red on the cover, plus an inside look at the film, as well as others due out later in the year.
- To celebrate the Lunar New Year, Pixar tweeted out remarks from Director Domee Shi, and her thoughts on why the Year of the Tiger is a great time to debut Turning Red.