A change has been made for what is believed to be the first time ever to the Mickey floral pattern outside of Disneyland Park. In this new change, Disneyland has swapped out the classic Mickey face that welcomes you into the park, to Minnie Mouse!
- The new floral arrangement has been made in honor of Women's History Month which lasts for the entire month of March. The updated arrangement is set to be in place through the end of March.
- A team of 13 Horticulture cast members began the transformation process around midnight last night. By 6 a.m., the transformation was complete, and Minnie Mouse, with her iconic bow and eyelashes, was center stage.
- The traditional floral design includes over 1,750 individual plants.
- Minnie Mouse’s bow consists of approximately 750 individual plants, known as Nemesia.
- The swirls on either side of Minnie Mouse contain over 1,900 individual plants, including pansies, violas and petunias.
- Disney honors Women’s History Month in many different ways across all of it’s resorts around the world! Some ways of celebrating Women’s History Month include Minnie Mouse’s new pantsuit designed by Stella McCartney for Disneyland Paris’ 30th anniversary and Joffrey’s Coffee offering ripple latte art of your favorite Disney heroines at the Disney Springs location.
- In the past, Disney has participated in “Celebrate HER Story at Disney Springs'', where they put the spotlight on talented female cast members, artists, and business leaders making a positive impact at Disney Springs. Disney Springs has celebrated Women’s History Month with special treats created by women, talented female-led entertainment, and other unique offerings.
More Disneyland News:
- The OC Register was able to interview Disneyland Resort President Ken Potrock about some of the latest happenings at the Disneyland Resort, including some peeks into the future.
- Bruce W. Smith, Creator and Executive Producer of the original The Proud Family series recently stopped by the Disneyland Resort to Celebrate Soulfully.
- Disney has a new line of signature candles available at the Disneyland Resort, featuring beautiful ceramic containers themed to different characters and attractions.